colorado springs car accident

Has your Automobile Been Damaged in an Accident?

Being involved in an auto accident can lead to many issues few are equipped to deal with. To name a few, the trauma of the experience, the potential medical issues that can last for months or even years, and of course, the damage your vehicle suffers. A damaged vehicle is no small issue for individuals who rely on their vehicle to get to work every day, or who use it for work. Although property damage insurance covers the costs associated with damage to your vehicle, the amount of coverage you’ll receive to repair or replace your vehicle depends on the automobile policy you have.

What you should do immediately following a car accident

Immediately following the accident, contact the police to report the accident and wait for them to arrive at the scene. Once the police arrive, they will take your statement, the other driver’s statement (if present), and any witnesses that were present during the accident. All this information will go into the police report that the attending officer will file. If the other party is still present at the scene, make sure to exchange contact and insurance information with them. If there is a witness that is willing to make a statement in your favor, take their contact information as well.

Second, document all evidence at the scene of the accident. This includes taking multiples picture of the damage to both vehicles from various angles, taking pictures of the stop lights or traffic signs, and pictures of the intersection. This type of documentation is extremely important, as it may be used in the future to prove fault to the insurance company or in the event the case is not settled, it can be used in court.

After the accident, you should expect to hear from the other driver’s insurance company. It is important to consult the experienced personal injury attorneys at Alhasoon, Glidden, and Glidden as soon as possible to discuss your options.

Demand Fair Compensation!

In Colorado, victims who are injured in an automobile accident can recover damages from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. If this is the case, you can file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for compensation to repair the damage to your vehicle. Because Colorado drivers are required by law to carry liability insurance to cover physical injuries and property damage, you should make a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for compensation.

If the other driver does not have insurance coverage and was at fault, then you may still recover from your insurance company for your bodily injuries if you have an uninsured motorist policy coverage. As an alternative, you can also take the driver to court to seek compensation for damages. If you have collision coverage and you were at fault, your insurance company should cover your vehicle damage, regardless of fault.

In Colorado, each driver is required to purchase an insurance policy with a minimum of $15,000 for damage coverage. Many drivers opt to purchase a higher policy limit as it provides huge benefits in the event of an accident.

Get the Care and Attention You Deserve!

Our attorneys have years of experience representing clients in a variety of personal injury and property damage cases and understand the severity and challenges you may be facing. You deserve to be compensated and made whole after an accident, contact the attorneys at the Denver-based firm of Alhasoon, Glidden and Glidden to help you fight to recover every dollar you are owed.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *