Car Accident Lawyer in Aurora, Colorado (CO)
If you or someone you know has been involved in a motor vehicle accident in Aurora, it is important that you consider consulting with an experienced Aurora Car Accident Attorney as soon as possible, particularly if you have sustained injuries or other damages. When you’re facing extensive medical treatment, time away from work, and lasting pain and suffering as a result of your accident, holding those responsible for the accident accountable can help you to recover the compensation you need and deserve. Be sure to contact the skilled and knowledgeable Aurora Car Accident Attorneys at Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC. Our attorneys have extensive experience helping accident victims obtain the best possible results in their car accident case so call us today at 720-487-1050 to schedule your free consultation.
Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries in Aurora, Colorado
If you or someone you know has ever been involved in a motor vehicle accident, you know that the injuries can be serious and life changing. Victims of motor vehicle collisions may suffer from injuries that cause temporary or permanent damage, and in some extreme cases, a car accident injury can be fatal. From the year 2012 until 2014, more than one thousand individuals died in motor vehicle accidents in Colorado, and many more individuals sustained injuries that required a trip to the emergency room or hospitalization. The injuries that an individual might suffer in a motor vehicle accident can range from minor to severe, and in some cases, the injuries can be fatal.
Some of the common types of motor vehicle accident injuries that we see in Aurora include:
- Injuries to the Brain. Motor vehicle accidents can result in serious brain injuries. These traumatic brain injuries most often occur when an individual is in a rollover accident or ejected from their vehicle, but a brain injury can also happen in a relatively minor accident. Side-effects of a traumatic brain injury can include blurred vision, headaches, temporary or permanent paralysis, and even death.
- Whiplash. Another common injury that may happen in a car accident is whiplash. Whiplash occurs when an individual is shaken forcefully and suddenly when their vehicle is impacted. The side-effects of whiplash might include lightheadedness, headaches, blurred vision, ringing in the ears, fatigue, tingling or numbness in the neck, back, or shoulders, and limited range of motion.
- Other Head and Neck Injuries. Other head and neck injuries happen when a vehicle collision victim is thrown around the inside of the vehicle upon impact.
- Broken Bones. Many individuals who are involved in motor vehicle accidents suffer from broken bones or fractures. Fractures and broken bones most often occur when a vehicle occupant is thrown from the vehicle forcefully or thrown about the inside of the vehicle. Some bones that are commonly broken in vehicle accidents include feet, legs, hands, arms, back, and neck.
- Dislocated Joints. Car accident victims also sustain dislocated joint injuries. Fortunately, with appropriate and prompt medical care, a victim who has sustained a dislocated joint injury can usually recover fully.
- Organ Damage or Internal Bleeding. Individuals who are involved in motor vehicle accidents may sustain organ damage or other internal injuries. If you have been involved in an accident and you might be bleeding internally, or you’ve sustained organ damage, be sure to seek appropriate medical care as soon as possible to decrease the risk of lasting or life-threatening consequences.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Some accident victims are more likely to sustain spinal cord injuries if they are in a rollover or head-on vehicle collision. An individual who has suffered a spinal cord injury can be permanently or temporarily disabled depending on where the injury occurred on the spine.
- Burns. In some motor vehicle accidents, a vehicle can start on fire. When this occurs, a vehicle occupant can sustain severe burn injuries.
- Death. In some vehicle accidents in Colorado, the injuries are fatal. At Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC, our knowledgeable and compassionate attorneys have assisted the family members of individuals who lost their lives in a vehicle accident.
At Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC, our dedicated Aurora Car Accident Lawyers have extensive experience helping clients who have sustained injuries in motor vehicle accidents. If you or someone you know has been involved in a vehicle accident in Aurora, and particularly if you have been injured or have sustained other damages, it is important that you consider consulting with an experienced Aurora Car Accident Attorney. Our Aurora Lawyers have the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
The Causes of Car Accidents in Aurora
There are many different factors that can cause or contribute to a motor vehicle accident. However, a car accident typically occurs due to the negligent or careless actions of another. The experienced Aurora Car Accident Lawyers at Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC have helped clients obtain favorable results in cases where they were injured in vehicle accidents caused by:
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving such as texting, applying makeup, talking on the phone, searching the Internet, eating, or taking a photograph.
- Drowsy Driving – Tire, or fatigued driving and falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Dangerous Driving – Speeding or failing to obey traffic signals or other rules and regulations.
- Inattentive Driving – Not checking blind spots before changing lanes or passing.
- Driving Irresponsibly – Inclement weather and driving too fast for conditions.
- Improper Vehicle Maintenance.
When sharing the roadway with other vehicles, or even if you’re simply driving on an empty road, you need to be mindful of your surroundings as a minor distraction can lead to catastrophic results whether you collide with another vehicle, object, or go off of the road. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, be sure to contact an experienced Aurora Car Accident Attorney at Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC right away. Our lawyers are dedicated and knowledgeable and have the resources necessary for helping you obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Motor Vehicle Accidents in Aurora, Colorado
Q: What should I do if I have been in a motor vehicle accident in Aurora?
A: If you have been involved in a car accident in Aurora, try to stay calm and be sure to contact law enforcement if you’ve been injured or if you think anyone else involved might be injured. You also might want to consider taking the following steps:
- It is against the law to leave the scene of the accident.
- If you are able to, move your vehicle away from traffic.
- Exchange contact information with those involved in the accident including their names, numbers, insurance information.
- Also, try to obtain information from any witnesses to the accident.
- Do not admit fault for the accident.
- Try to remember to take photographs of the scene of the accident with your phone or a camera, such as photos of any injuries or property damage.
- If you are injured in a car accident, it is important that you seek medical treatment as soon as possible. There are a number of hospitals and medical clinics located in Aurora.
Q: Is there a time limit for filing a motor vehicle accident lawsuit in Colorado?
A: In Colorado, the time limit, or the statute of limitations, for filing a motor vehicle accident lawsuit is generally three years from the date of the accident. However, there are facts and circumstances that can alter the statute of limitations so be sure to contact an experienced Aurora Car Accident Attorney right away to preserve and protect your right to compensation.
Why Choose Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC To Take On Car Accident Case?
At Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC, our lawyers have earned a reputation for success by obtaining favorable results for our clients. Accordingly, our firm has received many honors and accolades throughout the years, including:
- 2017 “10 Best for Client Satisfaction” by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- 2018 “Lawyers of Distinction”
- 2016-2017 “Best Female Attorney for Client Satisfaction” by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
If you decide that Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC is the right firm to handle your motor vehicle accident case, you can expect top-notch legal representation by attorneys who are dedicated and truly care about our clients. Our legal team at Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC strives to assist accident victims with obtaining the compensation they need and deserve.
Contact One Of Our Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys Today
At Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC our lawyers provide free and confidential case consultations to those who have been involved in car accidents in Aurora. A motor vehicle accident can cause serious injuries, lost work, and long-lasting pain and suffering. The experienced Aurora Car Accident Attorneys at Alhasoon, Glidden & Glidden, LLC can help you navigate the legal process so that you have access to the justice and compensation you deserve. Not only are our initial case evaluations free, but we also work on what is known as a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless and until you get paid, so be sure to contact us today by calling 720-487-1050 or by filling out our online website form.